Blogs can be so deceiving. We only share what we want. So rather than sharing a thought out blog post, family activity or recipe, here are 12 things behind this blog on a very hectic travel Tuesday I am having. It’s my brain dump blog post while I fly on three segments from a small town in South Dakota airport (yes I sometimes “cross the border” to the south side) to Miami for a 24 hour speaking engagement I am doing for work.
1. The teenager had his first ever double header Babe Ruth baseball games last night. The girls and I went which was about 60 miles away. It was a stunning night. So stunning that I pulled over on the side of the road to take pictures of the sun in the western sky and I’ll share those later this week. The boys lost a game by a run and then won a big game. It was full of lessons learned for Hunter. By the end of today, he will have played four games in 24 hours.
2. Baseball games went long and we came home after 10PM. Knowing my alarm would be going off at 3:30AM, I quickly tucked the girls into bed, packed, organized as best I could, chatted with my hubby and then tried to sleep–fast.
3. My alarm went off at 3:30AM. I saw day break as drove 112 miles to a FARTHER airport from our home because it much cheaper to fly from these days.
4. I left the house with wet hair and no make up but I peaked in on my sleeping kids and wrote them a note, completed with color crayons before departing. And thankfully my thoughtful husband set the coffee maker timer.
I felt alive with coffee even at 4:47AM when I saw daybreak on the prairie. And no, I did not look as happy as the above picture. Blogs are deceiving at times remember?
5. Today is the local school board election in our small town. My husband is up for election as he was appointed to the board last fall. Election results will be tallied tonight. Drum roll…and cross your fingers.
6. By very, very late tomorrow night my flurry of business travel this week will be over. Then for a couple days and into the weekend. I’m spending days like this…
eating breakfast on the deck with my favorite kiddos,
weeding and watering plants and our garden (possibly in our pajamas like Miss E did the other day) and there will be more baseball games of Hunter’s.
7. By the weekend, we will be gathered with family to see 300 turkeys barbequed over an open pit for what I believe is one of rural America’s greatest small town events, the Aneta Turkey Barbeque. My grandpa has been cooking turkeys at this event for all 51 years of it and it’s a “can’t miss” event for us.
8. After the Turkey BBQ, I’ll be serving pie at the Lutheran ladies basement “lunch” stand with my mom. All homemade pies and I’ll pretend I made them.
9. No matter how much is behind the blog, make it be known: my laundry is not done. It’s piled high. Much of it is now clean, in our bedroom, some folded, some not. But my girls have outfits laid out and organized so Daddy can easily dress them when I am away.
10. I tripped over my son’s shoes and baseball bag trying to get out the door this morning at 4AM. Of course he had dropped everything right inside the mud room when he walked in the door last night.
11. The weeds are higher than the corn in our garden. I am going to try to change that on Thursday. Maybe.
12. My Wordless Wednesday blog hop will be up late tonight for you link up to if you are interested.
There you have it. 12 things that are behind this blog on my crazy travel Tuesday.
What’s keeping you busy today?