I needed down time this past weekend. It was planned, thanks to my husband. If you are living amid chaos as I am most days, I can tell you stopping to rest is the best medicine.
What did I do to unwind to find rest amid my chaos?
1. I turned off my phone.
2. I left my computer at home.
3. I watched sunrises and sunsets. Even this morning as my home office work day was starting I hung out a second story window without a screen to grab these photos. I don’t recommend this photography technique.
4. I had face to face conversations with family and friends.
5. I went to bed early and got up late for the first time in four plus years it seemed, thanks to my parents having the kids for two nights at the farm while my husband and I hung out, ate too much and laughed plenty.
7. I let the girls argue over pushing their baby in a swing and let them sort it themselves rather than trying to “control” the situation. Some of my chaos is self-induced in my nature to want to “control”.
8. I ate multiple cake pops that Auntie Lori made for us and sent us in the mail.
Miss A and I loved our cake pops. And we even saved a few more to enjoy throughout the week and to share.